Research on Tithe Map schedule
Some Land owners in part of St Margarets, Map 3
Some properties and their owners in part of St Margarets at the time of the Tithe map of 1844. Including that part of St Margarets known as the Upper Maescoed.
House (plot 212)
House ( plot 238)
House ( plot 251)
Plot 212 is adjoining field 213 and is uncoloured on the map
Plot 238 is adjoining field 239 and is uncoloured on the map
Plot 251 is adjoining field 252 and is uncoloured on the map
to see associated maps click here
Many of the small holdings on this map are in the area known as the Upper Maescoed. Upper Maescoed originally an open Common that was, over a long period of time, subject to piecemeal enclosure. The properties were mostly copyholds held for ‘lives’ by ancient custom of the Manor. They are recorded by copy in the rolls of the Court Baron. Many were included in the 1920 Estate Sale of the Marquees of Abergavenny.