Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Oldhay Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(27). Oldhay Farm, house, nearly ¾ m. N.E. of (20), was built not later than the 15th century, possibly as a timber-framed building, but the walls have since been rebuilt in stone. About 1600 it was remodelled, extended towards the N.E. and a chimney-stack inserted; the porch on the S.E. front and the lean-to addition at the back of the house are possibly also of this date. In the addition is one old two-light window with a chamfered oak frame and rough stone label. Inside, the building is divided into four bays by original crutch-trusses.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments