Held at:

Private Collection




Original documents


Digital Images Collection: Photographs of Conveyance of Michaelchurch Estate and the manors of Ewyas Lacy and Craswall

Place name:

Michaelchurch Escley, St Margarets, Craswall


1944 -1976


Photographs of a Conveyance dated 27th June 1944 by way of gift of Michaelchurch Estate, the advowson of St Margarets and the Manors of Ewyas Lacy and Craswall to Mrs Clare Margaret Hunter from Bettina Maud Capper. The properties listed in the first schedule are Lower House farm, Cefn Ceist farm, Marsh farm, White House farm, Rhuinsford farm, Wilderness farm, Firs farm, Coed Poeth farm, Gigfrau farm, Bank farm, Grove farm, Michaelchurch Court etc., Llanbaddarn land, Mill farm and lands, Bridge farm, Bridge Inn lands, Bridge Inn, Quarry cottage, Belle Vue cottage, Smithy cottage, Kessamine Cottage, Church House, Goodes farm, Llandraw farm, Forest Mill, Dukes farm, and woodland. Property listed in a second schedule includes Firs Cottage, Bank Wood and lands.


The original document has numerous manuscript annotations referring to later conveyances, leases and other transactions relating to some of the above properties between 1944 and 1976.


Click here to download a PDF file containing photographs of the entire document


[Note that PDF downloads are large files]





Top - Back

Ref: rs_mic_0606