Held at:

Private Collection


TG Archive


Original document


Digital Archive: Photographs of Landlord’s Accounts for Pikes Farm

Place name:

Michaelchurch Escley


1773 - 1785


Jane Jenkins - Landlord’s Accounts for Pikes Farm


John Jeffreys, who had acquired a large part of the original Lordship of Ewyas Lacy, appears to have granted in the 1740s a lease on Pikes Farm and land to Jane Harries. The lease appears in the hands of Thomas Jenkins by 1773 who sells it to Jane Jenkins “spinster”. The following set of accounts then appears from 1773 to 1785 in the name of “Mrs” Jane Jenkins, commencing with a listing of settlements made to all those with a financial interest in the property and the amounts they were paid, plus the costs incurred for initial repairs and refurbishment. “Mrs Jenkins” is shown as “landlord” (probably actually head lessee) of Pikes Farm in the Land Tax records from 1781 through to 1790.

Further information and context for these records can be found in the article on the History of Pikes Farm elsewhere on this website.

Photographs are presented in page and date sequence with the first three pages shown as separate overlapping photographs of the top and bottom parts of the page.










Top - Back

Ref: tg_mic_1017