Held at:

Private Collection




Original documents


Digital Images Collection: Photographs of a Vesting Deed for Michaelchurch Estate

Place name:

Michaelchurch Escley, St Margarets, Craswall




Photographs of a deed dated 31st December 1926 executed by the trustees of the Michaelchurch Escley Court Estate [appointed in Elizabeth Rawson’s will of 1878] giving effect to the provisions of the Settled Land Act of 1923. The trustees were Lionel Guy Trafford and Guy Rawson Trafford. The properties concerned are Lower House farm, Cefn Ceist farm, Marsh farm, White House farm, Rhuinsford farm, Wilderness farm, Firs farm, Coed Poeth farm, Gigfrau farm, Bank farm, Firs cottage, Escley cottage, Court lands, Grove farm, Michaelchurch Court gardens, pleasure grounds and land, land at Llanbaddarn, the Mill and land, Bridge farm, Bridge Inn lands, Bridge Inn, Quarry cottage, Belle Vue cottage, the Smithy, Cottage and garden [not named], Goodes farm, Llandraw farm, Forest Mill, Dukes farm, and woodlands. The total area was 1636.588 acres. Details of tenants, rents, field names, areas and usage are given in accompanying schedules, together with Ordnance numbers, and there is a map showing all the properties.


Click here to download a PDF file containing photographs of the schedules


Click here to download a PDF file containing photographs of the Estate map


Click here to download a PDF file containing the full text of the deed

[Note that PDF downloads are large files]





Top - Back

Ref: rs_mic_0601