Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Local and Trade Directories


Original document


Post Office Directory of Herefordshire

Place name:





Trades and professions named in Cusop include:

Carpenter: James Bazzard

Innkeeper: George Price [Sun], Alfred Henry Stephens [Nelson Inn]

Mason: George Price

Miller: William Wilkinson

Quarryman: James Price

Schoolmaster: Miss Emma Ann Lewis

Vicar: Reverend Albert Henry Seacome

Mentions property called:  

Blaenaus [James Price]

Blenheim Cottage [Henry Charles Lloyd]

Blenheim Cottage [Miss Lewis]

Llydy ady way [Charles James Lilwall]

Nant y glas dwyr [Mrs Morley]

Pen yr hen llan [Charles Davis]

Redley [David Meredith]

Trevatock [John Meredith]

Ty bordy [William Lane]

Tyllyshope farm [John Newman]

Tyloch farm [John Newman]

An image of the full 1879 Post Office Directory entry for Cusop is given below.


Local farmers are named. The area, population, rateable value, main crops, geology, county court arrangements and other details of the Parish are given. The Reverend Sir George Henry Cornewall, Bart. is Lord of the Manor.

This directory is not comprehensive in its coverage of all farms and commercial premises in the parish at the time. Also, in the transcribed lists of properties that are named, spellings in the original have sometimes been amended to reflect more common usage. In case of doubt please refer to the image of the original entry.

Top - Back

Ref: rs_cus_0009