Hereford Public Library
Local and Trade Directories H/914.244
Kelly’s Directory of Herefordshire
Trades and professions named in Cusop include:
Innkeeper: Algernon George Morgan [Nelson Inn]
Mason: George Watkins
Rate Collector: FW Stokoe
Rector: Reverend William John Parker [since 1928]
Residents and farm property named include:
Llydy ady way
An image of the full 1929 Kelly’s Directory entry for Cusop is given below.
Local farmers and private residents are named. The area, population, rateable value, main crops, geology, county court and other details of the Parish are given. The architecture of the church is described as Norman style; it was built by the monks of Llanthony and restored in 1857. The foundations of Cusop castle still remain. Richard James Eckley Esq. is the chief landowner.
This directory is not comprehensive in its coverage of all farms and commercial premises in the parish at the time. Also, in the transcribed lists of properties that are named, spellings in the original have sometimes been amended to reflect more common usage. In case of doubt please refer to the image of the original entry.