Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Local and Trade Directories


Original document


Post Office Directory

Place name:

Craswall [Craswell]




Trades and Professions named in Craswall include:

Beer retailer: George Evans [Firhill]

Carpenter: Charles Firman

Shoemaker: Henry Shipton [Firhill]

Shopkeeper: Ann Harris

Mentions property called:

Abbey Farm [John Beavan]

Fidlers [William Firkins]

White Oak [George Thomas]

An image of the 1856 Post Office Directory entry for Craswall is given below.


Local farmers are named. Includes the hamlet of Firhill. The architecture of the church is described. The population and geology of the area is given.

This directory is not comprehensive in its coverage of all farms and commercial premises in the parish at the time. Also, in the transcribed lists of properties that are named, spellings in the original have sometimes been amended to reflect more common usage. In case of doubt please refer to the image of the original entry.

Top - Back

Ref: rs_cra_0071