CG Smith Collection
Original photographs and notes
Digital Archive: Photographs of the Golden Valley Railway – Elm Bridge
1940 - 1953
Strengthening a culvert near Elm Bridge Crossing in 1940 – 41 to permit heavier locomotives to run to the ordnance depot.
GWR Engine No 359 “Hilda” standing outside the Marshalling Yard at Elm Bridge, March 1941
Elm Bridge Level Crossing, with the crossing keeper’s cottage by the gates. Date unknown [?1950s]
Elm Bridge Crossing; Golden Valley Branch, winter 1953-4
Track layout diagram of the sidings at “Pontrilas Ammunition Storage Depot” [otherwise known as ‘Elm Bridge’, ‘The Dump’ or the ‘Old Depot’.]
Original photographs from a collection by CG Smith, Engineman on the Golden Valley Branch of the Great Western Railway from 1924 to c.1960. Reproduced by kind permission of his son, David Smith of Ewyas Harold.
Return to Index page for photographs of other stations on the Golden Valley Branch.