Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Pen-twyn Cottage and Barn: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(17) Pen-twyn, cottage and barn, 300 yards N.N.W. of (16). The Cottage has been altered, probably in 1782, which date appears on a fireplace. The entrance-doorway in the S. wall has a moulded frame, and in the N. wall is the old frame of a five-light window, but only one of the diamond-shaped mullions remains. Inside the building is an original timber partition with heavy posts and narrow vertical panels. The ceilings of the ground-floor rooms have moulded beams.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments