Hereford public library
Jakeman and Carver’s Directory and Gazetteer of Herefordshire [extracts relating to Michaelchurch Mill and Court]
The miller at Michaelchurch Mill is Charles Eugene Price, who is also sub-postmaster, grocer and provisions dealer, and farmer.
It is also noted that Michaelchurch Court ‘was considerably enlarged about thirty years ago’, ie about 1872. [This is the same time as GF Bodley, architect, was supervising the restoration of St. Michael’s church [see Directory reference 1890] and it is reasonable to assume that he was engaged to do both jobs – the church and the Victorian wing – at the same time.]