Hereford public library
Jakeman and Carver’s Directory and Gazetteer of Herefordshire [extracts relating to Michaelchurch Mill and Court]
The Miller at Michaelchurch Mill is Mrs. Mary Realey, who is also sub-postmistress, Miller and shopkeeper.
The Marquis of Abergavenny is Lord of the Manor of Ewyas Lacy and is the principal landowner along with Miss Rawson. The church was restored in 1872-3 at a cost of £600, and the architect was GF Bodley Esq of London [Note: Bodley also was architect for the construction of the Victorian wing at Michaelchurch Court, according to an engraved foundation stone there]. The church bells were put in order in 1886 at the expense of Miss Rawson. Michaelchurch Court is described as the seat of Mrs. Trafford, and Edward Guy Trafford is also resident there.