Herefordshire Records Office
Image and details of sale particulars of The Pikes [Pikes Farm] Michaelchurch Escley and a cottage adjoining Fine Street, Peterchurch
Agents sale details for The Pikes and a separate cottage to be sold at the Swan Hotel, Hay, on August 28th 1941.
The Pikes contained a stone built farm house, farm buildings and 172 acres and was owned by Mrs E E Lewis of Eardisley. It was acquired by Mr George Howells, New House, Michaelchurch Escley for £1,800.
The 172 acres included Griglands, Ceacutrig, Penrheol, Glyss [Glis] Farm, Spring Castle and Castle Farm.