Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Glibes Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(20). Glibes Farm, house with a barn adjoining it at either end, ½ m. N.W. of (17). The House was built probably c. 1600. It was later extended at the E. end by the erection of a bakehouse, the E. end of which was connected up to the E. barn by a covered way. Later in the I7th century a one-storeyed extension was built at the W. end of the house, and the W. barn was probably built at the same time. In the N. wall is a doorway with an original stop-chamfered frame and the old frame of a five-light window which retains only one of its mullions. Inside the building all the partitions are of the local type with stop-chamfered framing and tall, narrow panels between the posts.
The E. Barn has a timber-framed and weather-boarded N. wall. The W. Barn was extended towards the S. and partly rebuilt early in the 18th century.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments