Gwent Record Office
Catalogue, Lord Abergavenny’s estates
Lease for lives, Lower Maescoed
1728 - 1736
D.1583.2.103 : Lease for lives, Nov 8, 1728
(1) Rt Hon William, Lord Abergavenny and Lady Catherine
(2) William Lewis of Lower Mescott
A messuage and 21/2 acres of land in the Lower Mescott in the occupation of (2) (boundaries given).
For lives of (2) aged 28 years, Joseph Thomas of Michaelchurch, son of Miles Thomas late of Longtown, aged 50 years, and Elizabeth Payton of Michaelchurch aged 20.
Rent 2/- with 5/- and with suit of court.
Witnesses: Job Gilbert and John Day.
D.1583.2.104 : Assignment of lease for lives, Jan 10, 1735 -1736
(1) William Lewis of par Cluddock, tayler
(2) Charles Thomas of par Cluddock, husbandman
(1) assigns to (2) a parcel of land, being part of the premises in 2.103 for the term of the lives mentioned in 2.103.