Gwent Record Office
Baker Gabb catalogue D7
Grant of land for Longtown school
22 May 1869
1. Rt Hon Wm Neville, Earl of Abergavenny
2. Rt Hon the Ven the Lord Say and Sele, the Archdeacon of Hereford
All that piece of land containing 1 rood situate in township parish of Clodock bounded on the East by the highway leading from Longtown to Abergavenny and Hay and on all other sides by Longtown Castle and grounds to be used for a school for the Education of adults of labouring, manufacturing and other poorer classes.