Hereford Public Library
Local and Trade Directories
Kelly’s Directory of Herefordshire and Shropshire
Trades and professions named in Llanveynoe include:
Curate: Reverend Harry Sidney Christopher [since 1911]
Mason: William Archer Williams, George Williams
Wheelwright: William Lloyd
Mentions property called:
Pont y mwdy
Turbil Black hill
An image of the full 1913 Kelly’s Directory entry for Llanveynoe is given below.
Local farmers are named. The area, population, rateable value, main crops, geology and other details of the township are given. The architecture of the church is described, and it was restored in 1877 at a cost of £500. Principal landowner is Arthur Samuel Griffiths, Esq. Llanveynoe is in the portion of Ewyas Lacy for which the trustees of the late HR Trafford are Lords of the Manor. The Marquess of Abergavenny owns the other portion of the manor.
This directory is not comprehensive in its coverage of all farms and commercial premises in the parish at the time. Also, in the transcribed lists of properties that are named, spellings in the original have sometimes been amended to reflect more common usage. In case of doubt please refer to the image of the original entry.