Hereford Public Library
Local and Trade Directories
Post Office Directory
Mentions property called:
Llancillo Hall [John Gilbert Price]
Pool farm [John Jones]
Upper House [Mrs. Garland]
An image of the full 1856 Post Office Directory entry for Llancillo is given below.
Local farmers are named. The area, population, geology and other aspects of the parish are given. The architecture of the church is described. Colonel Scudamore is Lord of the Manor; he and JG Price are the chief landowners.
This directory is not comprehensive in its coverage of all farms and commercial premises in the parish at the time. Also, in the transcribed lists of properties that are named, spellings in the original have sometimes been amended to reflect more common usage. In case of doubt please refer to the image of the original entry.