Hereford Public Library
Local and Trade Directories
Kelly’s Directory of Shropshire and Herefordshire
Trades and professions named in Llancillo include:
Bailiff [to George Prosser, Llancillo Hall]: John Powell
Bailiff [to James Hoddell, Pool Farm]: George Williams
Vicar: Reverend James Martin Kennedy [since 1864]
Mentions property called:
Arcadia [Job Jones]
Llancillo Court farm [Edward Farr]
Llancillo Hall [George Prosser]
Lodge farm [John Powell]
Pool farm [James Hoddell]
Sunny bank [John Williams]
Upper House [George Williams]
An image of the full 1885 Kelly’s Directory entry for Llancillo is given below.
Local farmers are named. The area, population, rateable value, main crops, geology, county court and other details of the Parish are given. Edward Scudamore Lucas of Kentchurch is Lord of the Manor and principal landowner.
This directory is not comprehensive in its coverage of all farms and commercial premises in the parish at the time. Also, in the transcribed lists of properties that are named, spellings in the original have sometimes been amended to reflect more common usage. In case of doubt please refer to the image of the original entry.