Hereford Public Library
Local and Trade Directories
Kelly’s Directory of Herefordshire and Shropshire
Trades and professions named in Llancillo include:
Vicar: Reverend Enoch John Davies [since 1917]
Residents and property named include:
Llancillo Court farm
An image of the full 1934 Kelly’s Directory entry for Llancillo is given below.
Local farmers are named. The area, population, rateable value, main crops, geology, county court and other details of the Parish are given. The architecture of the church, restored in 1895, is described.
This directory is not comprehensive in its coverage of all farms and commercial premises in the parish at the time. Also, in the transcribed lists of properties that are named, spellings in the original have sometimes been amended to reflect more common usage. In case of doubt please refer to the image of the original entry.