Mortgage Indenture for Mairissis [now Trefecca]
Indenture [transfer of mortgage by endorsement and further charge] between John Probert of Turnastone (eldest son and heir at law of John Probert) farmer, Selina Probert of the same place widow and executrix of the above John Probert deceased, James Griffiths and Thomas Realey of the parish of Michaelchurch Escley, Miller. The Proberts eventually decided they wanted their capital back. In order to repay the loan James Griffiths came to an agreement with Thomas Realey, the miller in Michaelchurch Mill, to borrow £240, this time at 5% pa interest; £200 to pay back the Proberts, and an additional £40 for his own use.
On 14th February 1877 these arrangements were formalised by transferring the 1860 indenture from the Proberts to Thomas Realey. The opportunity was also taken to be more precise about the land concerned, which was now described as ‘land identified as 269, 302, 303, 451, 452, 453 and 454 on the Tithe Commutation Map of the parish of St Margarets, called Mairissis’.