The National Library of Wales
Welsh Newspapers Online: http://welshnewspapers.llgc.org.uk/en/home
Original Publication: Cambrian
Digital Archive: Newspaper cutting – Sale of Michaelchurch Court and the Manor of Ewyas Lacy
Image of newspaper cutting dated 1 July 1815 describing the sale of Michaelchurch Court and the Manor of Ewyas Lacy with extensive freehold lands, manor woods and farms, and right of Common over the Hatterall Hills or Black Mountains. The sale includes the mansion house, Michaelchurch Court, with the manor of Ewyas Lacy extending over parts of the parishes of Clodock, Walterstone, Rowlestone, Llancillo, Ewyas Harold, St Margarets, Michaelchurch Escley and Fwddog. Also the chief rents etc comprising commons or waste lands upon the Hatterall Hill and the Maescoeds. Other lots include a water corn mill [Michaelchurch Mill] with Mill House, land and buildings in the occupation of James Johnson as yearly tenant; Castle Farm in occupation of Edward Lilwall; Blaen Olchon Farm in occupation of Hugh Phillips; water corn Grist mill called Forest Mill with a public House called the Golden Lion attached; a cottage and garden adjoining the parish church of Michaelchurch, in occupation of Thomas Hughes; land in occupation of James Pritchard; land in occupation of Jane Johnson; land in Longtown in occupation of James Perry; land called the Crafty Mallard, St Margarets, in occupation of Mr Walters; Trenant farm, Peterchurch, in occupation of Charles Garrett; Botterell Farm, Bredwardine, in occupation of Henry Maddox; Fwddog Farm, in occupation of John Thomas; Nyadd Farm in occupation of Thomas Price; Gleneddow Farm, Glascombe, Radnor, in occupation of Thomas Morris.