Gwent Record Office
Catalogue, Lord Abergavenny’s estates
Lease for lives
Lease for lives, Dec 1, 1750
1) Rt Hon George, Lord of Abergavenny
(2) William David of Foothog of par Comyoye, co Heref, labourer
2 cottages, garden and 1/2 acre of land in par Comyoye, in possession of (2).
For the lives of (2) aged about 60, William his son aged about 27, and Gwenlian his daughter aged about 21.
Rent 1/- with 2/6d as a heriot and with suit of court.
Witnesses: Elfred Staples and Rice Price
Note re livery of seisin by John Gilbert, 5 Apr 1760. Witnesses William Griffith and William Powell.
17 Jan, 1780: David Harries for house she [sic] now inhabits during the term of the above lease, the garden to be divided between them.
9 Dec, 1794: the above lease ‘brought here’ by Elizabeth Jones, widow, on the burial on 3 Dec, 1794 of William David, last surviving life.’
A Monmouthshire property included in the catalogue of Lord Abergavenny’s holdings in the Manor of Ewyas Lacy.