Gwent Record Office
Catalogue, Lord Abergavenny’s estates
Lease for lives
Lease for lives, June 6, 1694
(1) Rt Hon George, Lord of Abergavenny
(2) Richard George of par Comyoy, co Heref, blacksmith
A cottage inhabited by (2) with a smith’ shop and 4 acres of land (boundaries given), par Cwmyoy.
For natural lives of (2), John Aylworth of Llangoven, co Mon, yeoman and Jane the daughter of David Watkins of Pertrisso (Partrishow), co Brecon.
Witnesses: Richard Croft, Richard Croft and Joan Pytt
Endorsed: ‘The lessee is dead’. (21 June 1718)
A Monmouthshire property included in the catalogue of Lord Abergavenny’s holdings in the Manor of Ewyas Lacy.