Herefordshire Record Office
Cusop School Minute Book, 1901 to 1911
1901 to 1911
The small school at Cusop was originally designed to accommodate 45 Pupils. It was built in 1875 and enlarged in 1898 for 90 pupils. In 1895 the average attendance was 25. It had a single teacher who was assisted by his wife.
Originally a ‘Board School’, after the education Act of 1903 which abolished School Boards it was managed by a group of Managers responsible to the Local Education Authority of Herefordshire County Council.
The minutes of the School Board and later those of the local Managers are given here for the period 1901 to 1911 year by year.
Pages of the Minute Book are provided as digital images and are not searchable.
For general background to the educational system of the time click here