Hereford Public Library
Royal Commission on Historical Monuments: Herefordshire, Volume 1: H 936.244
Transcript of Original Publication
Great Blackhill Farm: architecture, construction and history
Up to 1700
(13). Great Blackhill Farm, house, 710 yards S.E. of (12), is built on an L-shaped plan with the wings extending towards the S. and E. The main building is probably of early 17th-century date, but the E. end of the E. wing may be a little earlier. In the N. front is an old six-light window with diamond-shaped mullions, but three of these have been removed. In the E. wall of the S. wing is a combined doorway and two-light window, probably of 17th-century date. Inside the building three of the partitions on the ground floor are original and are of oak with chamfered posts and narrow vertical panels. In the easternmost partition are twin doorways, one of which has a segmental-pointed head, but the other has been widened.
Description documented c 1930 by the Royal Commission on Historical Monuments