Original Document [photocopy]
Release: Clodock Mill
Indenture of Release of Clodock Mill and lands in the township of Longtown in the parish of Clodock, County of Hereford, dated 27th November 1838 between Ann Gwillim of the parish of Ewyas Harold, spinster, Joseph Roberts of the City of Hereford, Gentleman, and Thomas Hughes of Abergavenny, Gentleman, specifying that Joseph Roberts has contracted for the absolute purchase of the property from Ann Gwillim for the sum of £450
The property is described as all that messuage or tenement formerly in the occupation of James Powell afterwards of James Ballard since of Henry Williams late of John Andrews and now of James Gwillim, together with the stable and water grist mill called Clodock Mill and four parcels of orchard and meadow land and one other plot of land and garden containing in the whole four acres two roods and thirty perches, together with all houses, outhouses, edifices, buildings, yards, gardens, orchards trees, hedges, ditches, fences, ways, paths, passages, waters, watercourses, easements, commons, profits privileges, commodities, advantages, emoluments, hereditaments, rights, members and appurtenances whatsoever.
A receipt signed by Ann Gwillim for £450 from Joseph Roberts is attached.