Held at:

Hereford Public Library


Local and Trade Directories


Original document


Post Office Directory

Place name:





Trades and professions named in Clodock include:

Blacksmith: James Ricketts

Carpenter: John Cook, Thomas Cook, John Price

Innkeeper: William Farr, Cornewall Arms; Thomas Penery, New Inn

Miller: Richard Miles

Shopkeeper: Richard Miles, Mary Parry, John Pritchard

Vicar: Reverend Charles Probert

Wheelwright: William Farr

Mentions property called:

Cwmcoched [James Price]

An image of the full 1856 Post Office Directory entry for Clodock is given below.


Local farmers are named. The architecture of the church is described along with the area, population, geology and value of charity in the parish.

This directory is not comprehensive in its coverage of all farms and commercial premises in the parish at the time. Also, in the transcribed lists of properties that are named, spellings in the original have sometimes been amended to reflect more common usage. In case of doubt please refer to the image of the original entry.

Top - Back

Ref: rs_clo_0071