Original Document [photocopy]
Mortgage: Lower Mill, Longtown [Clodock Mill]
Statutory Mortgage dated 31st December 1909 between James Straker of Abergavenny, Esquire, and Anne Davies of Chapel House Erwood in the County of Brecon, widow. The sum of £500 paid to James Straker by Ann Davies and secured on Clodock Mill otherwise Lower Mill and four acres, two roods and thirty perches of land adjoining, all in the township of Longtown in the parish of Clodock, and numbered 822 and 823 on the tithe map for the parish, and until lately in the occupation of William Davies. The principal of £500 and interest at the rate of £4 per centum per annum was due for repayment on 24th June 1910.
The indenture is annotated ‘Received this 5th day of July 1912 the sum of one hundred and fifty pounds on account of the above mortgage’.