Original Document [photocopy]
Lease for a year: Clodock Mill
Indenture of lease for one year of Clodock Mill and lands in the township of Longtown in the parish of Clodock, County of Hereford, dated 26th November 1838 between Ann Gwillim of the parish of Ewyas Harold, spinster, and Joseph Roberts of the City of Hereford, Gentleman, witnessing that for the sum of five shillings paid by Joseph Roberts, Ann Gwillim has sold the property to Joseph Roberts to hold for one year, and paying Ann Gwillim the rent of one peppercorn on the last day of the term.
The property is described as all that messuage or tenement formerly in the occupation of James Powell afterwards of James Ballard since of Henry Williams late of John Andrews and now of James Gwillim, together with the stable and water grist mill called Clodock Mill and four parcels of Orchard and meadow land and one other plot of land and garden containing in the whole four acres two roods and thirty perches, together with all houses, outhouses, edifices, buildings, yards, gardens, orchards trees, hedges, ditches, fences, ways, paths, passages, waters, watercourses, easements, commons, profits privileges, commodities, advantages, emoluments, hereditaments, rights, members and appurtenances whatsoever.
Reference is made to another indenture of Grant and Release of the same premises made between Ann Gwillim, Joseph Roberts and Thomas Hughes dated 27th November 1838