Original Document [photocopy]
Lease for a year: Clodock Mill
Indenture of lease for one year of Clodock Mill and lands in the township of Longtown in the parish of Clodock, County of Hereford, dated 8th March 1824 between David Watkins of Abergavenny, yeoman, John Andrews of Trewyn in the hamlet of Bwlch in the parish of Cwmyoy in the County of Hereford, gardner (sic) and Ann Gwillim of the town of Monmouth, spinster, witnessing that for the sum of five shillings paid by Ann Gwillim to David Watkins and John Andrews they have bargained and sold the property to Ann Gwillim for one year, paying for the same the yearly rent of one peppercorn at the end of the period.
The property is described as all that messuage or tenement formerly in the occupation of James Powell afterwards of James Ballard since of Henry Williams and now of John Andrews, together with the stable and water grist mill called Clodock Mill and four parcels of Orchard and meadow land and one other plot of land and garden containing in the whole four acres two roods and thirty perches, together with all houses, outhouses, edifices, buildings, yards, gardens, orchards, ways, paths, passages, waters, watercourses, easements, profits, commodities, advantages, appendages and appurtenances whatsoever.
Reference is made to another indenture of Grant and Release of the same premises made between David Watkins, John Andrews and Ann Gwillim dated 9th March 1824