Original Document [photocopy]
Conveyance: Clodock Mill [Lower Mill] and land
Conveyance dated 21st November 1940 between Lilian Ann Prosser of Monnow Cottage Clodock, wife of John Prosser, Mabel Edith Price of West Lydiatt Withington, wife of David Charles Price, Olive Annie Edwards of Maesgwyn Llandefalle Talgarth, wife of Cadogan Edwards, Ethel Mary Tuck of Palace Farm St Weonards, wife of Thomas Powell Tuck, (the vendors) and Florence May Gwillim of The Mill Clodock (the purchaser). The vendors agreed to sell all their interests to the purchaser for four hundred and thirty eight pounds.
These are the five daughters of Ann Lewis of The Mill, Clodock, whose will dated 31st August 1933 left her property to her husband William Lewis for his lifetime, and directed that after his decease it should be sold and the proceeds divided equally among her daughters.
Ann Lewis died on 15th January 1934, and her will was proved in the Gloucester District Probate Registry on 9th May 1934.
William Lewis died on 9th May 1937.
The property assigned is the messuage or dwelling house with the stable, water mill and premises known as Clodock Mill otherwise Lower Mill and four acres, two roods and thirty perches of land adjoining, all in the township of Longtown in the parish of Clodock, and numbered 822 and 823 on the tithe map for the parish, and the property is further identified by reference to a plan in a conveyance of 24th November 1921, and a schedule which shows Ordnance Survey references as:
1505: House, Yard, Mill Race and Orchard; Area 1.262
1514: Pasture; Area 3.379
Total Area 4.641