Original Document [photocopy]
Conveyance: Clodock Mill [Lower Mill]
Conveyance dated 24th November 1921 by the trustees and executors of James Straker deceased to Mrs Anne Lewis of Clodock Mill otherwise Lower Mill and four acres, two roods and thirty perches of land adjoining, all in the township of Longtown in the parish of Clodock, and numbered 822 and 823 on the tithe map for the parish, and now in the occupation of Abraham Davies as yearly tenant.
The indenture is between Anne Davies of Chapel House Erwood, Brecon, widow, Edith Emily Straker of Monmouth Road Abergavenny, spinster, Edgar Capel Straker of the Chronicle Office Frogmore Street Abergavenny, printer, James Arthur Gilbert Price of Abergavenny, solicitor, and Anne Lewis of Hunthouse Road Clodock. Reference is made to the death of James Straker on 13th April 1916, and his will dated 31st August 1915 proved in the District Probate Registry at Llandaff on the 29th August 1916.
The purchase price was £675, of which £350 was paid to Anne Davies in discharge of mortgage.
The property is further identified on an attached plan and a schedule showing Ordnance Survey references as:
1505: House, Yard, Mill Race and Orchard; Area 1.262
1514: Pasture; Area 3.379
Total Area 4.641
Photograph of 1921 plan of Clodock Mill shown below.